The applicant must have current federal tax-exempt status as determined by the IRS
The applicant must have a location and provide services in North Texas
The applicant must provide services to the LGBTQ+ community
January 1, 2024
February 9, 2024
March 18 - 22, 2024
1. Support and promote Black Tie Dinner in the public arena whenever possible
2. Assign a Black Tie Dinner liaison within the organization
3. Attend certain Black Tie Dinner events throughout the year
- Beneficiary Orientation (Early April)
- Black Tie Dinner Weekend (November 16)
- Black Tie Dinner Wrap Party, where beneficiaries receive their distribution (Mid December)
Find more specific requirements for full & first-year beneficiaries at blacktie.org/beneficiaries
Each year, Black Tie Dinner announces a call for applications, encouraging eligible organizations to apply. Up to twenty local beneficiaries may be selected to receive proceeds from that year's dinner. Simply meeting criteria for eligibility, however, does not guarantee that an organization will be selected. Applicants are evaluated through a structured selection process.
In a review process, the Black Tie Dinner Board of Directors rates each applicant on financial soundness and organizational health and stability as well as service to the North Texas LGBTQ+ community, including the quality and impact of its programs, services, and activities. In addition, the board considers the applicant’s ability to meet the requirements of Black Tie Dinner participation and, for past beneficiaries, how well they previously met expectations.